Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What have I got to loose?

Bill Gates recently advertised for a new chairman of Microsoft Europe.

Five thousand candidates respond and assemble in a large room. One of them is Isaac Ginsberg, a little Jewish man from Israel. Bill Gates thanks the candidates for coming, but asks all those not familiar with the JAVA program language to leave. Two thousand people stand up and leave the room. Isaac Ginsberg says to himself: "I do not know this language, but what have I got to lose if I stay? I might as well give it a try!"

Bill Gates then asks all those who have no experience managing teams of more than a hundred people to leave. Another two thousand people stand up and go. Isaac Ginsberg says to himself: "I have never managed anybody but myself, but what have I got to lose if I stay? What can possibly happen to me?"

Then Bill Gates asks all candidates who do not have outstanding academic qualifications to please exit the room.Five hundred more people stand up and go. Isaac Ginsberg smiles and says to himself, "Oy... I left school at 15, but what's the big deal if I stay?"So he stays in the room.

Finally, Bill Gates asks everyone remaining who does not speak the Serbo-Croatian language to rise and leave. Four hundred and ninety-eight people get up and leave the room. Issac Ginsberg chuckles and says himself, "So.. I don't speak Serbo-Croatian, but what the hell! I got nothing to lose!"

He finds himself alone in the room with only one other candidate. Everyone else has gone.

Curious, Bill Gates gets down from the stage, joins them, and says: "Apparently you are the only two candidates who speak Serbo-Croatian. I'd like to hear you converse with each other in Serbo-Croatian right now."

Calmly, Issac turns to the other candidate, clears his throat, and says: "Baruch atah Adonai."

The other candidate smiles, bows his head, and replies: "Eloheinu melech ha'olam."

No comments:

Post a Comment