Saturday, July 2, 2011

Assignment

 
Timmy:   Daddy Daddy... 

Dad:  Yes Timmy ! 

Timmy: Daddy, I've got an assignment to write for school. Will you help me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Dad: Oh ! Okay !! What's yr assignment on? 

Timmy: Love ! 

Dad: Wow ! You have an assignment on it ? In my days, the teachers were against our er... assignments ;) 

Timmy: No Dad, we are supposed to write something on the meaning of love...its Valentines day, na ! 

Dad: Love...hmm lemme see ! 

Timmy: wait..wait... Lemme write it down... :) 

Dad: Love... Love is about Lies ! 

Timmy: Lies ??? 

Dad: You see, Timmy... All my life, i have said lies in love & i've found it to be the best gift you can give a person. 

Timmy: How, Dad? 

Dad: Well, the first time i met yr was for a Valentines day 7 yrs ago. She was not the hottest of chicks in college, if you know wt i mean... 

Timmy: Hot chick ? 

Dad: You get it in due time, son... ;) 
Anyways... i saw this cute girl standing at a corner of the dance floor. I heard one of my friends say that she couldn't get any date for the party. 
So here i was, cursing my luck as my date's grandmom expired n that left me in the same predicament ? 

Timmy: Pedica ?? 

Dad: Predicament...means..eh, problem ! 

Timmy: Oh... 

Dad: So i went upto yr Mom n told her.."Hey, How come such a beautiful lady like you does not have all the guys crooning over you?" 
Now, i knew very well that even i wouldn't have asked her to dance if i had a choice, but it was that one little lie that got us together ! 

Timmy: But Dad, aint it bad to lie ? 

Dad: Son, sometimes you have to lie to make the ppl you love happy ! 

Every Valentines day after that, i used to tell yr mom that she was the most beautiful girl in the whole world. 

Now yes, i think she's cute & pretty in a special kind of way, but you tell me...Do you think she has the legs of Sharon Stone and the figure of Alicia Silverstone ? 

Timmy: Eh... I dont know any of these stones, dad ! 

Dad: Hmm.. ok...Lets just say that yr mom was just an ordinary Wilma from the Flintstones ! 

Timmy: I know Wilma ! I know Wilma !! 

Dad: Hehe... & then again... 

When yr mom was pregnant with you... she used to ask me every day how she looked ? Did she look fat ? 

Now frankly, she had gained about 30-40 pounds... & was always in one of her moods.. 

But i'd tell her.."Nooooooooooooo Honey, you are glowing ! You look fabulous !! 

Now if i told her she looked like a fat cow, it would have hurt her ! 

Timmy: Ya... 

Dad: So you see son...Love is when you say those little lies to keep someone happy ! 

ok... i've gotta go now... All the best with yr assignment... 

Timmy: Bye Dad ! 

............................ 

Timmy: Love means lying ??? Maybe i'll ask Mom 

Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... 

Timmy: Mom..Mom... i have an assignment for school...you will help me, na ! 

Mom: Timmy, you know i'v to go out with daddy in another 1/2 hr 

Timmy: Pleaseeeeeeeee Mommy ! 

Mom: ok...Timmy. wts the topic ? 

Timmy: Eh... Love ! 

Mom: Love...Love is about knowing the goodness of a person's heart, honey ! 

Timmy: Goodness of heart ? huh ? 

Mom: Its like this...When i was in college, yr Dad used to tell me i should be in hollywood. Now i knew he was just lying, but i also knew that he dint want me in 

hollywood, but rt next to him! & when i was pregnant, i used to look so fat i looked like Santa Claus ! But yr Dad would say i was looked weak n would feed me 

everything he could find ! His lies were so dumb, i even thought i had married a stupid...but the truth is that this stupid cared enough to lie...just to make me 

happy ! 

Timmy: But... he was lying, rt ? 


Mom: Well honey...he was just being a guy  & i knew everytime that he was lying to me... but every single time, i also knew that he said those lies coz he loved 

me ! 

Timmy: Hmm... 

Mom: Ok honey... i'v to go get ready now. byeeeee 

........................ 

Assignment 

Topic : Love 

Author : Timmy 

Love... When someone lies to you n you smile... coz you know the person cares enough for ur happiness to lie to you !!! 

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment